From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:04:01 EST
Dear Fellow FMLers.

Well on New Years Eve we got flooded.  We had about 6 to 10 inches of
water thru the whole downstairs story.  We have lots of flood damge but
we didn't have flood insurance because we are not on a flood plain so...

The good news is the frets went upstairs first so they didn't even get
their toes wet but my house,gargage, my travel trailer and my boat all
took on some water.  I had over 4 grand worth of hard wood flooring in
the gargage and we lost about half of it.  I met with a lawyer last night
to discuss what options we have.  It is clearly an drainage issue with
the developed land accross the street from us.  I put in for a Fema loan
to fix the damage butr haven't heard anything as of yet.  My wife, my
daughters and I gutted all the carpet out of the first story and went
thru and threw out lots of things.  We have the gargage to go thru
tomorrow.  What a mess.  The frets,one rabbit (yes we have a bunny too)
one small dog, five cats and one very disturbed Bird are all upstairs
wondering what happened to their world.  I will laugh at all of this one
day but not right now.

The city inspector was here this morning and he listed the property as
"severe water damage" to the structure.  Great, now the pinheads can come
in and condem my home and then were will we all be?  Living in a small
travel trailer on the road I guess.  LOL.

Folks Virginia is calling me... I wanted to fix up the house with a new
coat of paint and some trim work and sell it and move back east when I
retire.  Well now I just don't know what I am going to do.  BUT what ever
comes I will survive and go on.

OBTW I met another rescue person yesterday at Wal Mart.  I don't remember
her name but I gave her my email addy.  She runs the Reno Praire Dog
Rescue here.  I am sure some of you probably know her.  I teased with her
about how my frets would eat her dogs, and all.  Hey folks I have held a
PD once and was quite amazed at how it seemed to like me but then it bit
two of my fingers off.  LOL.  (Yes I am missing two fingers but not from
a PD.)

Anyway We are all ok and that is what is most important in the scheme of
things.  Keeps us in your prayers if you will and good thoughts.  Koda
wants to know when he can get out and terrorize the fret room again but
that will take afew weeks I am afraid.  But then he can be patient when
it suits him..LOL.

Best regards to all, and stay fuzzy.

Fred Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue