From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:00:43 -0400
The biopsy came in today and Jack does not have insulinoma.  To make a long
story as short as possible - Jack's pancreas is in a precancerous state.
There is cell activity and mutation indicative of cancer.  The pathologist
said this type of cancer sloughs off the site of origin (pancreas) and will
travel by the bloodstream to the lymph nodes and bone marrow.  There is
nothing we can really do to prevent this from happening.  Nor do we have
any clue when this will turn grim.  He is staying on pred hoping that this
will reduce the activity in the pancreas and prolong his life.

For today, he is happy and I have placed him in the cage with Mira, the 6
year old that arrived with Cupcake, the little albino we lost.  He is much
peppier now that he has a cagemate and someone to snuggle with.  We will
start routine glucose testing on Jack to monitor the pancreas' activity.

Just wanted to update everyone and relate our findings with the odd
appearance of his pancreas just for everyone information.

Hugs to all,

Jen and Gang