From:
Karen Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:35:15 -0500
I would like to take the opportunity to clear up some of the controversy
flying around me,Karen Lee, Lighthouse Ferret Bedding, and our rescue
efforts.  In the excitement of deciding that we would be a rescue, I got
the cart before the horse so-to-speak; I didn't have all the necessary
paperwork in order before making the announcement.  It was NOT an attempt
to trick anyone or deceive anyone.  I have always been open about the
fact that the sales from my bedding go back to the ferrets in my care.

I was criticized for the way I worded our name; Lighthouse Ferret Bedding
and Rescue and it was said the bedding portion must be more important
than the rescue efforts we have done.  That could not be further from the
truth.  I think unconsciously I worded it that way for no other reason
than I have a template made for business cards, invoices, and shipping
labels and it would be very simple to just add "and rescue" on to the
Lighthouse Ferret Bedding header.

It has been said that I am a ferret collector and that is also incorrect.

It has been said that I have too many health issues and that is only
partly true.  Health issues, yes I have them but it is not anything that
would prevent me from taking care of our ferts.  I also have the help and
support of my husband, John, who does not have my problems.  I work from
home.  The ferrets are let out of their cages about 6 AM every morning,
they have free roam of the house and we round everyone up and put them to
bed (in their cages) about 10 PM.  That is approximately 16 hours per day
of out-of-cage time.  They are my hobby, they are my business, they are
my friends, they are a huge part of my life.

The one thought that keeps coming back to me is; we all have a common
thread that links us together, our love for ferrets and animals in
general.  The focus belongs and should always be on the ferrets and not
on whether I have all my paperwork buttoned down or not, or any issues of
a personal nature.  If I am genuinely doing something wrong, call me on
it.  I am more than willing to listen to anyone who has a sincere issue
with me about the ferrets.  But to use a public forum like this one, the
FML that is not the way to do it.

If anyone wants to know anything, by all means, ask me.  Email me, call
me, I will talk to you.  I am not hiding anything!  And I am very unhappy
and disappointed if anything that I might have said or done has lead
anyone to conclude that that is is the case.  That's not good for
business, it's not good for me, and it's not good for the ferrets.

Very sorry that this negativity has taken so much of the FML's time-

Karen

Lighthouse Ferret Bedding
http://www.lighthouseferrets.com