Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:49:48 -0700
When I first noticed a link between ferrets and the occult, people (on
another group) thought I was nuts.  But, I have been researching and
continually observing that there IS a link between ferrets and the
occult.

Excerpt from: "The Witch's Familiar: Spiritual Partnership for Successful
Magic":

"According to ancient lore, a spirit from the Otherworld was believed
able to dwell within the physical body of an animal or creature.  The
traditional vessels for such spirits were the cat, mouse, FERRET, hare,
bat, snake, hound, or bird, particularly a raven or an owl".

One witch was executed for talking to a ferret:

"Craig R.  Prentiss, a teacher of religious studies at Rockhurst College
in Kansas City, MO, relates that while researching the persecution of
"witches," he discovered that one JOAN PRENTICE was hanged about 1589 as
a result of the "witch trials" at Chemsford, Essex County, England".

"She confessed that the Devil appeared to her as a dunnish colored FERRET
with fiery eyes and asked for her soul".

Once, a ferret owner boasted to me that she was a witch.  Shortly after
that, she lost her ferret (escaped) due to negligence.  In spite of all
her incantations, potions and crystals, she never found it.  All her
"power" was useless.  But, she wasted no time in getting more ferrets.

Now, I see "Ferret Tarot Cards" for sale.

So, what other connections with the occult might ferrets have?  (What
other connections might PEOPLE have made?)

Gary