From:
Jaclyn Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 07:00:29 -0700
Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a safe way to eliminate a variety
of pests.

I moved into a new house in February.  The previous tenant had lived here
for eleven years and had fairly serious OCD (obsessive compulsive
disorder).

My dad bought the property two years ago.  The tenant passed away in
December.

In any case, after clearing out the house, which was 2-5 feet deep in
"various things" and trash, we are left with a nice little house in the
country.  Unfortunately, he hadn't had heat in several months so, since it
was made of block, it wicked up quite a bit of moisture.  Also, the house
has a 3' crawl space under it, but no basement.  We've got the moisture
problem pretty much licked.

After a month of renovations, it's a great little cottage.  In any case, it
has tons of bugs.  (I grew up in a victorian house and was used to random
spiders, ants, etc., but this is crazy!) We have those little brown
clothing moths everywhere, spiders in every corner, ants here and there and
tons of gnats and even more stupid clothing moths.  Really, the moths are
our biggest problem.  We have those little discs for clothes moths hanging
up in the water heater closet, which is where I think they come from.  That
closet has no floor, though, just joists.  So, I think the moths are
actually coming from in the crawl space.

I normally don't use any chemicals to clean or de-bug or to kill weeds or
anything.  I try to stick to natural stuff.  But, I am at a total loss
here.  Can anyone suggest a bug bomb that is safe for the ferrets?  (OF
COURSE, they and all the other pets would be removed before we would do
anything like that.) Or perhaps you know of something safer than those
bombs?  I don't want to go into a store and ask because, of course, the
employee knows jack s*** about ferrets but would say "Oh, yes, those are
safe for ALL pets.  The package says so." Well, woop-de-doo, Iams says they
don't change ingredients, too.  I certainly don't want sick or dead ferrets
just over some bugs...so...Anyway, if you have any suggestions, email me or
post to the list.  Others may be interested too.

Thanks in advance!

Jaclyn.  Kif, Trevor, Fred and Mr Pepper, the ferrets.  Immelmann, the
cat. Hunter, the dog and Green Lizzie and Brown Lizzie, the anoles.

Visit my page!
http://flyingferrets.homestead.com/home.html

Pics of me, my woozles, project cars.  Lots of links and other
amusements!  Let me know what you think, but be forgiving, I'm still
working on it, my first site.