From:
Eric Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 23:17:36 -0500
Hi again!

Here's kinda a random question....  My Boo-Boo (non-MF 1 1/2 yr old F) has a
nose as pink as a blushing bride's cheek, but Murphy (MF 2 1/2 yr old M) has
a nose that is darker and has black/brown blotches on it.  They're both
sables; Boo-Boo's a Siamese with a cute tiny white bib and a little bit
lighter all over, and Murphy looks like the description I've heard of a
Siamese but his mask isn't really V-shaped like Boo-Boo's.  I keep wanting
to wipe the dirt off of Murphy's nose, particularly because Murph is always
the one that finds and digs in my ficus tree.  Someone's post the other day
about nose funguses (I think) leads me to ask...Is Murphy's nose coloration
common, or is it a fungus that he's had for his whole life and I need to
cure.  If it is a fungus, what are the possible dangers to Murph's health?
It's never seemed to bother him, and my vet has never said anything about
it, but I'm not fully convinced I've found a vet that is very ferret-smart.

 TIA,
   Murphy ("I know there's raisins at the bottom of this ficus tree pot")
   Boo-Boo ("Oooh, toes, toes, toes, this is almost as good as raisins")
   and Eric ("Ow!")