Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 1995 00:50:09 -0600
I am so happy!!

  Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to answer all my silly
questions.  I have been so busy that I think I might have missed thanking
a few people individually.

  I have had ferrets in the past, but was not sure if I really wanted
another one.  I did a bunch of checking into my other options (hedge
hogs, sugar-gliders, chinchillas, skunks, etc), and decided that I
definately am a ferret guy!

  I went down to the Ferret show today, and I found a great male silver
mitt (I think) ferret.  He was born April 16th, and is full of life!  He
has not been neutured or descented (yet).  The breeder called him "Blaze",
but I am thinking of "Sid".  Unfortunately, I had to work today, and also
forgot to take some allergy medicine.  So I did not get to stay and enjoy
the show, but I did get my little guy!

  After leaving the show, I took Sid to my parent's house.  It was a nice
half way point, and I know that my family wanted to see what I got.

  Needless to say, the poor little guy was over whelmed.

  Clancy (100 lbs of sheer black lab puppy) and Molly (female golden
retriever) were over joyed when I walked in.  They did not even need to
ask what was in the carrier.  They rememberd the scent of the ferret from my
last two!  :*>  They both loved them.

  Clancy is an excellent tracker.  My parents have a two story + basement,
and when ever a ferret disappeared...it was Clancy's job to find them.

  BTW-Clancy and Molly are great with small animals.  Clancy used to love
to let a pet rat climb all over him while he layed perfectly still.  Both
of them have a natural understanding of small creatures (including human
babies).

  I left Sid in his carrier on the ground.  That way he could sniff noses
with the dogs.  Everything seemed fine...  So, I decided to let them
officially meet.

  I told Molly and Clancy that they had to lie down and stay if they
wanted to meet the baby.  They very eagerly agreed.  I took Sid out of
his carrier, and held him an inch away.  Sid tryed to bite their nose!
He also made a funny sound.  So much for that one.

  Later, I decided to try again.  This time, I had Clancy lay down, and
let Sid wander up to him.  He did fine... Kind of skidish, but over all fine.

  Then, Sid locked onto Clancy's leg!  I quickly pulled him off, and
Clancy looked emotional hurt.  He just stared at me as if say, "Why
doesn't he like me??"  Clancy loves ferrets so!

  Does anyone have any helpful hints on introducing Sid?  I am thinking
that it was just because he was so confused, but I would like to hear
from anyone else who has had similar animal problems--just in case.

Thanks,

Jeff