From:
Jessica Alsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:23:05 EST
Hello all from Jessy and Snitch the cat chaser!!!

First off I want to share a few short and comical first experiences of a
ferret lover in the making.

Snitch my first fuzzy baby has developed a love for chasing the cats.
My boyfriends cat Serephin is a little uncomfortable about Snitch, but
he still runs up to her and tries to play she will growl and bat her paw
but not really in a mean way just that she is not ready to play.  Now
Sage my cat at first was very upset with the new household member but
now he actively searches out the little weasel and enjoys watching him.
Snitch is not content to just let Sage watch and continuously chases him
and plays a great game of hide and dook.  Very entertaining, and better
than TV!!

We have a very small biting problem with Snitch, the funny thing is that
he only bites my boyfriends toes.  He will take my fingers into his mouth
and tap his teeth on them but never actually bites me, not even on my
nails (which many ferrets I had visited had a tendency to do).  My
boyfriends toes are never safe unless Snitch is caged.

Now my subject is Job Searching.  I am forced to get a job again, I dont
feel ready to go back to work but financially it is a must and I cant
live off the state.  The only way I will be able to hold a job is to
do something I will enjoy and the options right now are as follows:

1.) Artist... specifically Concept Design.  Well I need a degree to do
it professionally so I'll be working on that as soon as I can get back
into college.  So no go for now.

2.) Shelter worker... I have some experience working in a small shelter
as a volunteer.  I loved it.  But now I do have to have income and the
Denver Dumb Friends league has not contacted me and wont let me talk to
someone in the HR dept.

3.) Pet Store Employee... I know enough about cats to make some people
sick.  I dont know all about them but I know a lot.  I also have quite a
bit of knowledge about dogs.  I have always been a cat lover, and am now
also becoming a ferret lover.  Unfortunately I have not found nearly as
much info about ferrets that make me comfortable about my knowledge in
and about ferrets.

So it looks like working at a pet store is the best option at the moment.
I hate to start working in a pet store and not be able to answer
questions about these wonderful animals.  Does anyone have some links
to great info about ferrets the kinds of everyday questions and maybe
some of the less asked questions.  I just hate to get into a job and not
have the info to make me the best at what I do.

If anyone has knowledge of places for me to look for accurate info about
the wonderful fuzzies not only so I can be a great pet store person but
also so my Snitch can have the best care possible I would be ohh so
greatful.

Thank you all for reading and Thank you for anyone who sends me some
info.

Jessy and the Cat Chasing Snitch.