Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:42:53 -0600
To Joycev.  I understand you may not agree with feeding mice to my ferrets
(although where do you think the pet food comes from?  A dead animal is a
dead animal, it's no less a dead animal just because it's so processed you
can't recognise it), however I did not appreciate an abusive email telling
me 'not to degrade this list with my shit'.  I too have owned mice, rats
and many other animals.  However, these mice are going to die whether I
get them or not; they might as well go to my ferrets as anywhere else.

I feed my ferrets mice because it provides a full, balanced diet.  The
normal meat, the internal organs provide extra nutrition, and the bones
and fur provide roughage.  It provides a full all-around diet, and most of
all they really like it.

To the person who was concerned about the source; I am presuming, since I
specified that the mice would be used for feed, that they would have the
intelligence not to give me mice that had been tested on *grin*.  Actually,
the mice are not full grown, and I believe they are used to feed the actual
labratory animals, so they would be more likely to be clean than petshop
animals..  (and the fact the petshop owner might get a bit suspicious if I
came in everyday asking for another couple of mice ;) )

- Reet