From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:31:56 -0500
Mary wrote:
>Obviously, I think these rumors have very little foundation in truth.

Yep.  Remember that Ivory Soap ad from the 50s or 60s where they'd say it
was something like 99.6% pure?  Well, from having been here for ages I can
tell you that the rumors that go around off-list among FML folks are about
99.6% pure BUNKUM.  It's no surprise that these show rumors fit that
category.  After a while you get to realize who says things that are
clap-trap on a regular basis; then you just go from there.  Here's the
good news: almost no one creates these things; it's just a tiny cadre.
Now, I grew up in town of about 2/3s the size of the FML and we sure had a
LOT more people there who created rumors or spread them (and I expect that
others with small town backgrounds can echo me on this), so I figure that
the FML has something to be happy about in this regard: people of a very
high caliber who therefore know enough to distrust rumors and instead try
to get the straight facts.  Pat yourselves on your backs, folks.  I can
remember when people here were much more inclined to participate in rumors
and the ugliness they often caused.  Now, we can joke about them, knowing
that most people here know better than to accept such things.  That's
progress for you.

Warp is SO happy.  It snowed.  Here she is -- so very bald with her acute
on-set which will be fixed when the surgeon's arm is healed and she's had
enough time for it to be obvious which adrenal is involved -- yet, that
little, gracile white girl (okay, partly pink since the fur loss) couldn't
WAIT to have a chance to play in the snow.  Then we had to keep taking her
out to make such she was warm enough and she'd struggle to get right back
into it!  She's always loved the stuff and she continues to feel exactly
the same way about snow as when she was young.  I was having to smother my
laughter so that I wouldn't distract her; she was just having so very much
fun.