From:
C J Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 22:40:48 -0500
Hi all,
I just had to drop a line and tell everyone about the new members of our
family.  There was an ad in the local paper about a month ago for two
ferrets, the cage, 25lbs of food, and a bunch of toys.  Out of curiosity, I
called it.  They wanted $250!

Unfortunately, I didn't have the money, but I told them to call back if they
didn't get rid of them.  And, sure enough, they called a week ago and asked
what I could give for them.  I went to see them, and I would've given
anything to take them.  They were in a cage on the porch of a mobile home.
Remember, this is Nebraska, and lately it's been 85 in the daytime and 45 at
night.  They were starved for attention.  The guy asked what I could give
for them, and I said all I had was 50 bucks.  He took that, and I took them
home with me.

They are both about a year old.  They're fixed, had all their shots, and are
really healthy, just attention starved.  My other two fuzzbutts, Clyde and
Jax, aren't sure about the new arrivals yet.  They don't want anything to do
with them (and I think they're a little miffed at me.) But, I couldn't leave
them where they were.  So, now our house has 4 ferrets and 2 cats.  Don't
see kids in the future, where would we put them...... Anyway, I feel like I
rescued them.  The way the guy was acting, I think he'd have turned them
loose if someone hadn't taken them soon.

Cyall later....

Bye from,
C J, Clyde, Jax, Clovis, and Baby....