Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:45:08 +0100
Mary,

I've done a search on the Internet and found this mention of Delvosteron
but I can't say whether that is what it's called in USA.:

http://www.redmap.co.uk/ferretsabout/myths.htm

In an article published in the December 2003 issue of the National Ferret
Welfare Society newsletter, vet Matthew Fry BVSc. MRCVS stated that
"As is well known nothing, I repeat nothing, is licensed for use in
ferrets ... Even Delvosterone (sic), the jill jab, is not licensed ...

The Veterinary Formulary states quite clearly that proligestone,
marketed in the UK by Intervet as Delvosteron, is licensed for use in
dogs, cats and ferrets in the UK.

If you can't get the answer from a vet in California, PLEASE find a vet
in another state that can tell you.  Mary, this jill probably only has
hours left.  Once they go into aplastic anemia, they die and it's not a
nice death either.

PLEASE call a vet.  I can't do that from the UK.  I will post this as
well just in case others can help.

Regards,
Susan