From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:06:39 -0600
Well, I knew it wouldn't take long, and I was right!  Ferret Math struck
the Keller household the day Mindy posted about 2 *ahem* "girls" who
needed a new home in Albany, GA.  It took a week to get it together, but
we brought the "girls" home yesterday...but there was a problem.  Mindy's
daughters noticed it on the way to the meeting, and it struck me when I
first saw these HUGE "females"!  Well, I got them out of the carrier, one
at a time, just to check them out.  Folks, girls don't have "bellybuttons"!
lol No problem, but I couldn't help but laugh about it (I thought I was
going to even out the estrogen/testosterone levels in the house!  Pea Pie
and myself are the only females in a house of 3 humans, 3 fuzzies, 2 cats,
and 1 dog!) I got them home, set the carrier in the living room (without
the ferret walls up) and what does my son do?  Opens the carrier.  I turned
and saw it just before the cinnamon (Lightning) pounced on Baby!  Whew!  I
let the sniffling between cat and ferts go on until I could get the walls
up, then let them loose in my bedroom.  I then made the mistake of deciding
after 8 hours of riding, to relax in the bath.  Thunder ran for cover,
but Lightning came to investigate.  I put my foot up on the side of the
tub--and immediately got a dose of "lick, lick, lick, CHOMP!" Ouch!  I
think I learned my lesson, the hard way!

Mindy, again THANK YOU for these two wonderful additions.  (In spite of
traffic and my forgetting the 1 hour time difference!)

Blessings to all the sick fuzzies, and my sympathy on losses...

Pea Pie (Mom!!!  What are THEY doing here?!?!)
Baby (I wish I could walk, I'd show you all who's BOSS!!)
Thunder (Ooo, nice mommy-type lady!  She has raisins!)
Lightning (And tastey toes too!)
and a proud Mom