From:
Bonnie Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:50:06 EDT
 (The crowd is standing and cheering loudly!)

AMEN to that SISTA!!!

If I may add one more point to that wonderful post......no matter how
many "Members" an organization has, whether it is 3 or 300, it is a given
that there will only be a very small handful of truely dedicated
volunteers.  Those that are willing to put their fun time on hold for a
cause, willing to offer any and all of their free time to do anything,
including grunt work.  As stated before....Treat those special people
like gold....Why??  because they are gold.

Volunteering should NEVER be "a thankless job" and those who think it is
shouldn't be a part of volunteering.  Humans are animals too and we all
know that with honest, positive re-enforcementwe can make volunteering a
great and rewarding experience, not a hideous and hurtful one.  A little
honest, heartfelt "Thanks" goes a long, long way.  A truely happy and
successful organization is one where more than a handful of volunteers
are more than willing to step up to the plate.

Kindness and Respect!!

Bon (the transplanted one) and the Friends of the Ferret Collective
"McKnight Clan" and growing
Baa Baa