From:
Robert Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:00:20 -0400
Hi Everyone,
We're just coming off of a harddrive failure (a bad peripheral corrupted
the drive), and I lost the e-mails and addresses from everyone who wrote
me related to our insulinomic ferret, Clyde.  I am particularly wanting to
hear again from the gal who was so informative about Dr. Weiss in Maryland.
If you would e-mail us again I'd appreciate it greatly.  We'll be leaving
for our trip North shortly and need to be in touch.  Also, need to be in
touch with the fellow who has been posting about the New York ban--we're
on our way there in a week.

Many thanks for all your e-mails if I did not respond.  Clyde is doing
really well on A/D and dextrose and banana treats and is back to his old
self at the moment.  He also took his rabies shot A-OK, although I suspect
he was a little sore at his injection site for a day or two, and I think
the stress of it all pushed him over the limit a bit as well.  His blood
sugar was ridiculously low at the time (I asked the vet to check since I
wanted to see how we were doing with him) and we then began supplementing
his hi-protein diet with regular oral syringe-fed dextrose, and banana.
He's done well on that and is more playful and mischievous again.  We're
getting so we can see the behavioral change when his blood sugar gets too
low.  He also self-regulates in terms of eating many small meals during
the day from his dry food in addition to 4-6 feedings with A/D.
Interesting to see someone else's fert responds to the microwave beeps.  We
warm up Clyde's refrigerated A/D and he gets all excited when the beep goes
off now.  He also comes more readily when we call him--he loves all this
attention.

Regards to all,
Gail and Bob and Clyde