From:
Sherri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:24:09 -0500
I need to ask you all a question about ferrets and cats.  Do they get
along?  My cats are afraid of my ferrets and one bats at them, but nothing
vicious; plus my one cat is weird anyway.  I've heard of kittens getting
along ok with them, and I'm sure I've heard of older cats faring ok, too.In
addition, I would have never gotten ferrets if I thought there was a
problem between the two.  My know-it-all friend, who knows nothing abouts
ferrets, doesn't like them and thinks they are rodents, even though I have
told her otherwise, thinks cats are natural predators of ferrets.  She is
one of those people who always thinks she's right about everything....
probably everyone knows someone like that.  So, could someone give me
examples of their adult cats getting along with their ferrets?  Maybe
there's a web site out there somewhere with pictures so I can send them
to my pain-in-the-butt friend.

Thanks,
Sherri