Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:55:07 EDT
The bad smell comes when you walk by the cage with the ferrets in it
Jennifer write--not-the ferrets smell bad.  I also had this happen.  Pull
the cage out and scrub the floor where the cage was situated.  Tear that
cage to pieces-all bedding out.  And clean the wires, remove any old
carpeting, and scour out the area where the wire meets the floor.  Lots
of build up there that can take hours to clean.

For me-the smell was still bad.  So I pulled out the other furniture in the
room that somehow they had gotten behind.  I cleaned all that up.  It still
smelled bad, so now I pulled out every drawer.  Bulls eye.  Piles of poop
here.  And I do mean piles.  It was underneath the drawer.  Pull the
drawers All the way out.

Now if it is the ferrets themselves that smell badly a quality diet,
clean bedding placed twice a week, litter cleaned twice a day, infrequent
bathing, and a hepa filter machine thing--I have one-I just cant remember
its name-and an open window for 30 minutes each day should solve that
problem.  If not-there could be medically something wrong with them.  A
pleasant musky odor should be expected.