From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:05:55 -0500
Hello everyone,

Last night I had the most bizarre dream.  I was in my father's backyard
(which is VERY big and completely open) and there were bob cats stalking
around.  I had both of my ferrets in my arms and got into the pool to try
and stay safe.  Unfortunately the water was almost up to my shoulders and I
didn't notice the ferrets were below the water line (in my dream they lay
still - ha!).  When I looked down, I quickly raised them out of the water
and Jitterbug was fine, but Monkey had stopped breathing.  So I gave her
mouth to mouth!  It was just one breath and then she was fine (I wonder if
it would work in real life.  What about the water that is already inside
them?  Wouldn't blowing into their mouth force the water into their lungs).
Then the dream skipped to me finding my ferret's cage full of a bunny and
several of her babies nursing.  Monkey and Jitterbug had been placed on top
of the cage by my step-mother.  I was yelling at her "Harriet, you can't
just put a ferret on top of a cage!  They will get up and run away." (we
were outside).  So my dad put them in this HUGE cage that was wooden and had
lots of holes, tunnels, and passageways in it.  I lifted up a flap and there
were the bob cats!  Jitterbug and Monkey were gone.  When I woke up I ran to
make sure they were alright and kissed and hugged them.  Wierd huh?  I
wonder what it meant.

On the dog breed issue: Does anyone have experience with Labradors and
ferrets?  I was thinking of eventually getting a black lab pup and am
wondering if anyone has any opinions on the breed.

I also am still in need of a vet in LA that does teeth cleaning on ferrets.
The lowest price I have been quoted by a vet is $160 a peice!  If you live
in California anywhere near LA please let me know about your vet.  I am
actually begining to wonder if people in CA even take their ferrets to vets
since they are illegal here.  I really want to make sure my girls get proper
medical attention.

Oh one last thing.  I am still trying to teach Monkey that cute trick of
when you say bang and make a gun out of your hand, she will roll over and
play dead.  So far she has learned that if she is on her back with her legs
all splayed out (very cute) she gets raisins.  But she does not seem to
associate it with the noise or the hand signal.  When she wants a raisin she
just rolls over and looks up at me!

     Love and Kisses to all fuzzies,

     Rebecca
     Monkey (Hey mom, I'm on my back. Uh, I'd like a raisin here!)
     Jitterbug (Did somebody say raisin?)