Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:56:17 -0500
The anon poster is correct we will all get old, however, I dont
imagine that any of us here will have 1000 (or more) ferrets breeding
on a farm somewhere with just a few people to help! There is noone
here on this list or anywhere for that matter that can say without a
doubt that 1-2 people (or let me be generous and say 3-4 people) can
adequately care for so many animals! It is an impossible situation.
There are not enough hours in the day! And then add to that one of the
2 people who "care" for these ferrets is extremely ill. I would suspect
this is a horrendous situation and has been going on for quite some
time.

DM may be a nice person, he may have supported Ohio breeders and he
may even love the ferrets in his care but can anyone adequately take
care of over 1000 ferrets?? And if he is so ill and loves his ferrets,
shouldnt his 1st concern be the welfare of his animals?

I would suspect that caring for so many animals is an extrememly costly
venture so my question is why hasnt he stopped the breeding and/or
tried to get some of these ferrets into rescue? Why must a rescue pay
to save his ferrets??? Why is the breeding still continuing?

I can not feel sorry for DM! And frankly dont give 2 hoots if his last
days are happy (sorry if that is harsh). My heart ACHES for the poor
poor animals in his care (including the mink) and I feel SORRY for them
and wish that I could make their last days here on earth a happy one!

Lisa
AFA Educational Director, www.ferret.org
Oxford Ferret Rescue Volunteer, www.oxfordrescue.org