From:
John 'kaligula' Coder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 20:59:15 +0000
Hi all
This i think is my third post in three months.  I found out Saturday that
Ashlar might have insulinoma.  i basically was devastated.  I'm one of those
guys that can't read some of the posts to the FML cos I break down to
easily.  Sorry, What can i say????Ashlar is probably 4 yrs old, We aren't
sure she he was a rescue but since his teeth are very opaque, almost
translucent that's my best guess.

After reading everything that i can on insulinoma i was pretty freaked .
And no we don't have a blood sugar count yet but with the instability of the
back legs and the drooling accompnied with pawing at the mpouth it souinds
like insulinoma to me .  I will be taking him in for a glucose count Sat.
What really upsets me is when i took him in to the "ferret knowledgeable
(sp?)" vet 2 months ago and mentined the instability of his back legs , they
don't seem weak just sometimes he falls over like the tricycle in the
Laugh-in TV show, and then brought him back in within a week for the
drooling and the pawing aat the mouth the Vet didn't mention insulinoma at
all.!!!

One of our Ferts decided to cheer me up Sat night i guess since when i woke
up one of them had renamed one of the directories in the puter to aAAAAAAA
and was looking fro the file asgrefdw in folder kju:lok.  I think i know the
culprit but how can you beat a ferret when all they want to do is add some
lightheartedness to your life ( and yes i'm being facetious).  That was the
first time i noticed they were playing with the puter.  Possible secret code
to some1????  Anyway thanks for being here for me and BIG keep upi the good
work!!!!

I do hve one question though.  What kind of treats are acceptable for a
hypoglycemic ferret?Every morning all three follow me downstairs for some
raisins hopefully and at least some reg cherrios.  But i've heard that
raisins or cheerios aren't good for a ferret with insulinoma.  And i can't
stand to giv to other two raisins and not give Ashlar one so none of them
get them anymore.  I don't know if i can take the disappointment in their
eyes much longer.They are about to make me crack!!!!!!!

John 'kaligula' Coder
Roxane "the wife "
Mona Mayfairret "the busy one "
Cleo "the evil one" ( only Ashlar thinks so)
Ashlar "the schnook" ( and possibly hypoglcemic)

caligula (a siamese) "what do you mean i can't use their litter box"
Teagan ( a siamese)" I don't care just keep those things away from me"

Mona Mayfairret " the busy one"