From:
MWall84314 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:44:24 EDT
My name is Max and I am a former Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue Inc. kid.  I
was a whole male ferret found living and eating under a dumpster 2 years ago
(I also happen to be a very handsome dark eyed white).  Last April I wasn't
feeling too good so my mom took me to our local vet Dr. Beckett (she's
really really nice too) and Dr. B did some tests, x-rays and a thing called
ultra sound, she said I had heart worms and told my mom to take me to see
Dr. K. right away since the mass on the left side of my heart was sooooo
big.  Dr. B looked very sad when she hugged my mom but smiled when she said,
"If anyone can help Max it will be Dr. K."  Mom, Dad and I drove 3 1/2 hrs.
to Gainesville.  I got my first treatment that day but, Dr. K said my mom
and dad had to leave me with her for a couple of weeks.  I didn't understand
when mom soaked me with tears and dad cuddled me closer than he had ever
before.  We said good bye and mom said she would be back on Mon. (this was
a Fri.) but dad came back on Sat. and brought me some more blankies and
nutri-cal (Mmm).  I was sooooo sad and ready to settle into my new bed that
night but, when they turned the lights off, my cage door opened up and these
2 gentle hands lifted me from my depression, it was Dr. K.  Where was I
going?  She cradled me close to her, looked me straight in the eye's and
told me,"everything is going to be ok now Max.  I've got you."   I was in
Love.  She took me home with her every night and she let me sleep in this
really cumfy little bed close to her so she could keep an eye on me.  I took
a turn for the worse Sun. night and she stayed up all night giving me sub-q
fluids and other medicines she even found time to e- mail my mom to tell her
what was going on and that she felt I was going to pull through it.  Mom
hurried to my side the next day (Mon) and she held and talked to me for 5
hrs. in Dr. K's waiting room.  Dr. K would come out between her appointments
to check on me and give me medicines and to scratch me behind my ears (I
like that).  Mom and dad came up every other day to visit.  At the end of 2
weeks I got to go home but, I had to come back in a month for the second
treatment.  I went back to see my girlfriend Dr. K in May but, this time I
only had to stay for a week.  Mom and dad rented a motel to stay near.  I
did real good this time.  I had to return in June for the last treatment
and I got to go home right away.  Dr. K told mom and dad about embolisims
the worms that break away into my blood stream and how they can cause BIG
problems so, she gave mom and dad special instructions since she had seen
embolisims occur up to 3 months after the initial treatment and sent me
home.  I was home for 3 days when I got this terrible headache and went
into a convulsion.  Mom rushed me to the closest vet (I can't say her name
but, it wasn't my Dr. B).  Mom told this vet to give me this thing called
Heprin, it thins the blood and helps the clot to pass through and to call
Dr. K.  She (the vet) called Dr. K.  and Dr. K.  told her to do the same
thing but, this vet ignored Dr. K and did a spinal adjustment on me, gave
me holostic medicine instead and sent me home.  The damage was done.  I had
a stroke.  I couldn't walk, eat or weasle war dance anymore.  Mom took me
straight to Dr. K and poor Dr. K. was SOOOO mad she wrote a letter and
reported this vet then she called in an animal neurologist from a far away
place called Jacksonville just to see me.  The neurologist said it was an
embolisim in my brain stem and the damage was permenant.  My mom feeds me
every 6 hrs. with a syringe and I get all kinds of kisses and cuddles and
I stretch, yawn and snuggle up to her.  I look into my moms eye's when she
sings and talks to me and I really enjoy my warm daily baths.  If it wasn't
for my earth bound angel Dr. K neither I nor my cage mate/buddy Frank would
be here and I'm sure countless other fuzzies just like us have preceeded
and followed us in her care.  Mom and Dad both say that Dr. K. is a SCPUI
(Sincere, Compassionate, Professional, Unique Individual)  I guess this
would make her a little more human than most humans.  Before I say good bye
I just want you to know that I hope my dad wins the lottery cause, he say's
he will buy my Dr. K a house/office here on the beach where she likes to
wind surf and my dad means it.  Gosh, it sure would be nice to have her
closer to me.

Cuddles and Kisses to All especially you my Dr. K. see you in 2 weeks.

Max