From:
"Dr. Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:04:52 -0400
I've been behind on my email for a while, and just read about this...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is just plain stupid.  The
ferrets "left claw marks" on the baby's face.  Well, duh.  Ferrets have
long claws for digging.  If you're a neglectful owner, they're very long
and sharp, because you don't trim them.  My ferrets didn't "attack" me
when they used to grab my lips and pull on them just so they could lick my
teeth.  If I'd been a baby (or a hypochondriac) I might've had "claw marks"
on me from that.  So the ferrets go to lick the baby's mouth, as loving
ferrets are wont to do, and their claws aren't well trimmed, and a few
little scratches (that won't even leave scars, according to the article)
result.  I'd also wonder if the dog didn't scare the ferrets into biting,
myself.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed...

Dr. Eric A. Schwartz