From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:56:32 -0400
Hi everyone!

First I want to (somewhat belatedly) thank everyone for responding
about Eddie's irritated bum. I did indeed try the cortisone/Preparation
H remedy and it improved greatly in a matter of hours. He was
completely unthrilled about the treatment (and most likely the blow
to his dignity), but it really seemed to do the trick, and I'm pretty
sure it was due to overzealous wiping/cleaning rather than something
internal. Been eating and pooping great since then with no further
signs of trouble-- I'm keeping an eye on him (I'm sure he's getting
sick of me scooping him up saying "Hey Eddie, how's your butt?!") and
will call the vet if it starts bothering him again, but so far so good.
Again, thanks to everyone for your helpful responses!

Rachel, Valentine, and Eddie feeling much better thanks!