From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:34:30 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Disease Transmission at vets and ferret shows Part 1
>
>Basically calling me a liar once again is one of the reasons I
>do not read the Killians, and have asked you not to send me false things
>they have written concerning me.But I thank you for your concern.

We have never called you a liar.  But we are quite certain that you are
mistaken if you believe that your vets do not take sanitation seriously.
That or you really should change vets.  Stating that you probably aren't
seeing everything is not making as aspersion on your credibility.

>Basically calling me a liar once again is one of the reasons I do not read
>the Killians, and have asked you not to send me false things they have
>written concerning me.But I thank you for your concern.

Hopefully whoever passes this on to you Lisette does so without misquoting
us.  And thank you Lisette for not reading what we actually say and
instead only reading the notes from the gossips that seem to have trouble
understanding the English language.

So Lisette, since you admit to not reading our posts, how about not
posting false assertions about what we said.

>Sneezing: ferrets seem to sneeze more than cats, dogs, guinea pigs,
>hamsters and rats.  I have witnessed this.  Some ferret magazine articles
>have mentioned this.  Do you feel that this is correct?

No.  We do not believe that our ferrets sneeze any more than our other
animals.

It seems though that this topic of sanitation is being ill served by
this current track.  It is a serious issue and should be dealt with.
But realistically.

Some ferret shows make every possible effort to prevent the spread of
disease.  None that we have seen make much less of an effort.

Can we discuss what extra precautions shows should take instead?

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets