From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:47:56 -0600
Dear FML,
I just finished reading the lastest FML (that would be yesterday's) and saw
that I got the first in, but the second two should be in today.

"Eagan, MN
animal which is not a farm animal, dog, cat, hamster, gerbil or caged
houshold bird is technically prohibited except in those areas.

In policy owners are not cited unless there is a complaint.

Reference Section 10.12 Subd. 2 Keeping.

Impounding: No written reference.  Assume the same as any other domestic
animal.  Treatment of Bite Incidents: Follow MN Dept. of Health guidelines."

I got the above from an old members handbook from D.E.F.F.B.A.M.  Hopefully
it is outdated.  I suggest that everyone who owns a ferret do exactly what
I did.  I called the local federales (that would be the animal control
department) (animal control consists of community service officers at our
local police department) and bugged them until they faxed me the policy in
writing.  Be sure to press them for a copy of the bite incident policy too,
in writing.  Study up on your fourth amendment rights, vaccinate for
rabies, nip train your babies, and/or keep them away from people you don't
trust.  I would suggest the same for the Eagan ferret owners.  Eagan city
hall (681-4600) can give you the direct non-emergency line for their police
department.

So that took up the third post.  I didn't really remember what I originally
intended to write about anyways.  I guess I was going to share some cute
ferret story or some such nonsense.

Dawn