From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:42:44 -0500
Hello FML Family,

I finally got on the computer again, Mom Maggie has really been a hog with
it lately.  Mumbled something about a survey for big ferts but I don't know
what she is talking about.  She's running around like crazy lately trying to
get lots of things done before she goes to school.  So I got to sneak onto
the pooter this morning to let ya'll know (that's Okie talk) how things are
going.

Mom was pretty down around Christmas as the guy we used to live with decided
to file for a divorce right before the holidays.  We knew it was coming but
he could have been a little nicer about it.  So all us ferrets got together
and decided to be extra cute and crazy to make Mom feel better.  Even Stan,
who was real sick early this year, was more outgoing than normal and even
stole a sock right off of Mom's Foot!!  And she bought us lots of toys for
Christmas, some great new balls, a red hard rubber pacifier, some nylabones
and something I claimed all for my own, a big blue fert ball.  Nicky tried
to steal it but I explained things to him and he left it alone.

My Dad Bob finally came over and got his Christmas present.  I got him a
ferret calender.  He really liked it and gave me a big hug and kiss for it.
And he gave me some of the extra special raisins Mom has on hand, they are
organic and as big as dates!!  He wouldn't put me down so I could run off
and eat it.  I didn't want to but I had to let him know in no uncertain
terms that I was upset about that.  But he played chase with me and walked
me around on his shoulder just like old times when we drove cross-country.

Nicky, my boyfriend, is doing great!  His hind legs are working much better
now.  Mom says its partly due to me chasing all over the house.  He really
likes that, honest.  He still cleans my ears too much but he loves me so I
put up with it.  But I *refuse* to share my raisins with him.  We sleep
together in the hammock sometimes, but only when I don't sleep with Mom.  I
like curling up by her feet and cleaning her socks that she wears to bed.
Sometimes I sleep on her pillow but she made too much fun of my snoring so I
don't do that so much anymore.

Mom says I have to go now, she wants to check her e-mail.

Hugs to all the big and little ferts,

Pookie Bear