Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:03:59 -0700
I'm more of the lurker and off the FML responder.  This is one of those
times where I'm stumped.  My albino ferret Sneekers has a discolored tail.
Her tail has been getting really brown on the end -- not the fur, the
actual skin.  I've tried using stridex to clean it (the pad turns an
orangish brown color).  Nothing seems to clear it up.  She still has the
fur and it doesn't seem to bother her (okay, when mommy holds her down to
stridex the tail she has a fit).  Anyone ever had this problem before?

Also, I wanted to give BIG a big pat on the back for his remark about
Phyllis.  "Moderator's note: OK, enough please!  We can speculate
*endlessly* about Phyllis' intentions and her situation.  But that's
talking about the PERSON asking for help rather than how to help with the
situation...."

Well said.  At times like this it's easy to place blame or flame, but this
was a cry for help for the ferrets.  Making her feel guilty for asking for
help really won't do any good.  Flaming won't make her take any better care
of the ferrets if she has decided she can't handle it anymore.

I also wanted to put my "two-cents" in on something I've tried with a deaf
ferret.  I tried the stomp/vibrate thing with her and it scared her to
death.  She would scream bloody murder and run.  I had better results with
a laser pointer.  I would get her to follow the light until she got close
enought to me to reward with a treat.

Lynn (Harley, Sneekers, Jake, Teddy & Feebee)