From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 22:43:47 -0500
Dear friends,
A good ferret friend in Tampa has just gotten a diagnosis of insulinoma for
his bad boy Bart.  Bart has had hind leg weakness, but no other remarkable
symptoms.  His vet, a good ferret vet, gave him the diagnosis this week.
The vet has suggested high protein baby food (ie meat) and Brewer's Yeast.
Bart doesn't much like baby food, so I suggested mixing fruity baby food in
with the chicken.  I have also suggested keeping honey available in the
event of seizure or coma.  I've referred my friend to the Ferret Central
Medical Faq.  I'm writing to ask for any other suggestions & useful web
sites.  This guy dearly loves his fur snakes & I'd like to help Bart if I
can.  Feel free to email me privately.  I will accept any suggestions.

Thanks,
Paula