Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 03:10:23 -0400
My 7mth old female varmit has an odd looking "pus pocket" in the back of her
mouth, almost in her throat.  It was there when I bought her at 8 weeks old.
At the time the vet told me that it was a small infection and not to worry,
that it would go away with time.

Well its still there.  It has almost doubled in size and is changing color
from a bright white to a dark yellow.  Currantly, it is the size of one of
her "canine" teeth.

Advice?

Also, I contacted Pam Grant some time ago about visiting her shelter.  She
asked if I lived in the city limits of Louisville because she thought
ferrets were banned there.

To the best of my knowledge, you can own a ferret in Louisville with a
costly permit.  Someone comes to your home periodically to check on the
wellbeing of the animal (safety, medical checks, etc.).  Don't take my word
for the truth though, this is all hearsay.

To answer your question Pam, I do not live in Louisville's city limits.  I
live in a smaller town about 30 min away.  I apoligize for taking so long to
reply.  I wanted to reply with acurate information, but F&G keeps putting me
off (imagine that).  I'll let you and everyone else on the FML know as soon
as I find something about Louisville.  If anyone knows anything about
Louisville laws or Kentucky laws in general please let me know.  I am
originally from Eastern KY and they don't care if you house an elephant
there as long as it doesn't get on someone else's property.  ;)

Thanks for forcing me to wake up and check the laws that apply to me Pam.
Ferret-kind needs more caring individuals like you to watch out for them.

Bido