Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:33:33 -0800
I wrote about two weeks ago about my fuzzy Meeko who has been losing
weight.  Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me suggestions!  I've got all
5 of our fuzzies on the best dry ferret kibble on the market and I've
been continuing to feed Meeko the Duk Soup.  I'm happy to say that he
has started to put on weight and he even FEELS heavier!

But sadly, I have just discovered that he has ECE again!  He had it about
14 months ago and I had thought that he had made a full recovery.  He is
still active, lively, goofy and fun-loving but I found that he has the
beginning of a sore in his mouth (and bad breath) which I have been
looking for daily because that was the most obvious sign of ECE that he
had last time, aside from the weight loss and loss of energy.  He got
through the ECE last time and I feel confident that he will again since
he's a 2 y/o otherwise healthy ferret.

The Ferrets for Dummies book says to treat ECE like a flu for the younger,
healthier ferrets (like my Meeko)....but I couldn't find anywhere in the
book where it said how to treat the flu!  Last time he had it, I fed
Meeko the Duk Soup and gave him ferret-vite until he got better.  Should
I do that again?

Any help would be appreciated!  All our fuzzies thank you!

Meeko, Blossom, Tinkerbell, Buttercup & Tigger
E-mail us: [log in to unmask]