From:
Jane Odell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:32:37 -0000
Hi Angela,
Many of us UK ferret owners keep our ferts outside.  Last winter i only had
my first baby, Harvey.  He lived in a two story hutch in the back garden
attached to a run by a tumbledryer hose.  I stapled clear plastic sheet
around the run and added a plastic corrugated roof, leaving the back
section open for ventilation.  I used a piece of sheet doubled, a little
wider than the hutch, anchored it down with a couple of house bricks on the
top.  During high winds/rain and nightime i flapped the sheet down and
secured it round the middle with a bungee (elastic luggage strap).  I
ensured he always had plenty of bedding, i always found him to be lovely
and warm whenever i got him out.  Also he grew the most beautiful coat to
keep him warm.

Your fuzzies will be fine, just make sure their sleeping compartment is
free from drafts apart from that ferrets have survived here for hundreds
of years outside and i`m sure none of them have been any worse for wear.

Jane, Harvey, Katy, Phoebe, Casper & Emil
                           ^. .^
                             *