From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:04:26 PST
After reading a post about sending letters to the judge involved with the
NYC lawsuit, I started thinking about what I WOULD say if i sent her/him
a letter.  The poster wrote that the letter should be about the positive
influence ferrets have on your life which got me thinking about why I enjoy
my ferrets.

This got me thinking about training which got me thinking about training
aids.  Thus the following story.  (Whew!  What a strange train of thought!)

When I get home from work, the first thing I do is let Patch & Lily out
of their cage.  Immediately thereafter, I call Patch to me saying
"Patch-Patch, do you want some water?  Come-on, let's go get some water!"
In response, he runs down the hall chasing after me as I head into the
bathroom.  Once in the bathroom, I fill a small cup with fresh, cold water.
His reward for coming when I call?  --- fresh water, Patch's favorite
treat!

One final note, he always has access to fresh water in his cage which is
changed twice daily.  But his attitude is that water is icky if its not
fresh-from-the-tap!

Deb Adams