From:
amanda siemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:52:03 -0500
I have a very big problem and there is no easy way around it.  My husband
is NOT a ferret person.  He was very upset when we got our first ferret,
but he got attatched to him because he was a low maintance fert and
generally well behaved.  I guess he thought all ferrets were like that.
I understand why Monty does some of the things he does, but my husband
is really starting to dislike him.  It's getting to the point where he
doesn't even want Monty to come out of the cage!  I let him out when he's
not home, but my son has picked up on my husbands hostility and actually
tries to stomp on him!  So I have to watch them like a hawk when Monty's
out, and with all the household chores on my shouldars with no help, I can
not let him out as much as I'd like.  I wanted to get Monty a bigger cage
and maybe a friend, but hubby sais out of the question, he doesn't even
want Monty around.  This is very hard on me because I love Monty!  I am
absolutly bonkers about ferrets.  But dealing with my husbands hostility
towards him is s o draining.  (I also have chronic fatigue syndrom and
occasional bouts with clinical depression)

I know his cage rattling (bothers hubby the most) is a result of him
needing more time out of the cage, and even though I tell hubby that, he
still doesn't want Monty to come out.  I have very mixed feelings about
this.  I feel Monty should live in a home where he is wanted by ALL
household members, but I also feel like I am a failure as a pet owner if
I find him a new home (I already had to give up a ferret, and I wanted to
keep Monty for the rest of his life).  I know I am going to be flamed
mercilessly for this post, but I don't know what else to do.  Hubby told
me last night that the only reason he told me I could get a ferret was to
keep peace (I don't know what that was about, did he think I would leave
if he said no ferrets??)  Monty desurves better than this!  This saddens
me because I know I will never get a ferret again, but holding on to him
in this situation would be selfish wouldn't it?

I know there will be people tellingme I'm horrible, and some telling me it
is the right thing.  I know some people still resent me for finding Dante
a new home (and the situation that revolved around it)  This time at least
I know how to do it properly!  Weather people will hate me or not, at
least I can assure them that there will be no ferrets comming into my home
anymore (sigh).  I couldn't deal with the heartache again.  I live in St.
Catharines, Ontario CANADA.  Monty has all his stuff.  I'm hoping someone
on here can take him (free of course) that way I know they are ferret
knowledgeable (unlike last time) and can send me e-mail once and a while
about how he's doing (and not dissapear like last time)  He's about 5 years
old and we are his 4th owners that we know of, so please, whoever can take
him, PLEASE give him a loving home forever.  Please try to restrain from
flameing, I know this sucks, but I know the flames will fly.  I just want
to give Monty a happy ending.

Amanda.

Have you lost your mind? Better check your ferrets hidey hole!
http://www.homestead.com/revelationstoday/rev1.html