From:
Emily Mirek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 14:11:09 EST
I need help!  One of my ferrets, Bandit, was diagnosed with Adrenal
Disease, Mast Cell tumors, and something else the vet couldn't identify a
couple months ago.  For a while now she has been scratching her Mast Cell
tumor, but lately it's gotten very bad.  Yesterday I had the day off from
school, so she and her sister were out in my room playing while I made my
lunch.  When I walked into the room to check on them I found a blood all
over the carpet, the walls, their toys, literally everywhere!  I almost
started crying, I thought for sure she'd be gone, or just barely alive.
Fortunately when I found her she was fine.  After bathing all the blood
off, I found that she had torn a chunk out of one of her tumors.  I was
able to make a vet appointment for her for next week, but until then, does
anybody know if there's anyway I can stop her from scratching or at least
give her some relief?  I hate to see her so uncomfortable, and I don't even
want to think about what could happen one day if I'm not home to stop the
bleeding in time.

-Emily, Bandit & Rascal