From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1993 02:33:50 -0400
>[Not really.  She left FML a while ago.  Linda Gowsell of skdad.usask.ca
                                          ^^^^^^
I can't believe it!!!!  Somebody actually spelled my last name right,
but totally blew it on the first name!!  ;-)   It's okay, Chris, I don't
write all that often, so you can't be expected to remember my name.  But
I do appreciate the correct spelling of the last name.  ;)

[Sorry.  I had checked the entry:
    ##S [log in to unmask]                           (Inez Gowsell)
but dyslexed onto "Linda" which was the previous name we were talking
about.]

To clear things up, my account has moved to Ottawa, but my body is still
in Saskatoon.  the wonders of Telnet and computers!!!  Gotta love them.

Well, I am still ferret-less, buy I will be babysitting for July and
August.  I can hardly wait!!  I have only met the little girl once, and
she reminds me a lot of my late darling.  Similar markings.  I believe someone
turned her in to the Vet College at the university, and my friend was told
about her.

I have a question about Gila and ferret behavior.  When I went towards
Gila when she was on the floor, she backed herself into a corner, as if
she was trying to get away from me.  Does anyone else's ferret do this?
Cocoa always came towards a person and was always tolerant of handling.

This behavior made me think that Gila might have been abused before Dave
got her.  She does have a broken front paw that was never fixed... at
least I don't think anyone tried, and from my understanding, the paw was
healed that way when she was found.  She can put weight on it, but she
does seem to favor it quite abit.  Of course, she may just have been in
a funny mood the day I saw her.  *shrug*  Any suggestions on how to
increase her trust, or whether this is normal behavior?

Inez

--
To change the world
A dreamer must be          Inez Gowsell    [log in to unmask]