Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 02:38:42 +1300
It's six weeks, I'm getting exhausted due to lack of sleep, and these kits
are eating me out of house and home LOL However, having said which, they're
definitely 'real ferrets' now, and learning all about the joys of "toes"
and "fingers" and the like <G> They're also utterly fascinating to watch
while they're wrestling, and one of Kittens boys experienced his very first
*poof* a couple of days ago!  Poor boy, got a fright when he landed on the
cat, and the cat took off.  Poor cat, could stand on the ferrets with one
paw and hide them totally but he's rather... respectful of them <G>
Anyway, the poor guy got such a fright that he screamed and barked loud
enough to break glass (I swear, it felt like that anyway!  My ears were
ringing!) and I'm sure helicopters sound quieter... Once he stopped barking
and screeching (which took seconds but felt like hours!) he spent over half
an hour cuddling up to me, wanting comfort.  Once that was given, and he'd
had enough, he toddled off to do his own thing, having evidently decided
nothing else was going to hurt him <G>

One of Babys kits today managed to get *inside* the lining of the couch
<sigh> and people think they're easy to care for!!

Trying to take photos of Babys today (well yesterday now!) was interesting,
to say the least.  It involved two people, and around fifty pairs of arms
each.  They're too energetic and curious for their own good!  The pictures
were eventually taken, however, and they're up now.  Anyone interested,
feel free to drop on by to:

http://users.1st.net/hammock/ferrets/kits/2000/

Sam

To see some awesome ferret cards, drop in on
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/cards/ferretcard.htm