From:
Carol Voivedich Rager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:06:33 -0500
Fritz is a 6 year old ferret on Furosemide and Digoxin for his heart.
A couple of months ago I found Fritz laid out on the floor panting and
drooling.  I brought him in to see the vet while he was in the middle of
this episode.  The vet could not diagnose his behavior.  A few weeks
later the same thing happened and again I brought him in.  We ran x-rays
and ultra sound and the vet could not diagnose this behavior except to
say it may be a side effect of the medicine.  Now Fritz is doing this
more often.  I will find him in the middle of the floor, panting,
drooling, can not move and this will last up to an hour.  His eyes are
fixed; he will urinate on himself, or me.  I don't know what to suggest
or do for Fritz.  Has anyone heard of this before?  Please email me ASAP
with any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Carol Voivedich