From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:59:21 -0400
In the apartment me and my fuzzies used to live in, they had a hidey-hole
behind the hutch in the dining room.They loved to go back there and romp
under it then fall asleep a while.

WELL.....

after moving the hutch I found.....

11 miscelaneous pairs of socks.One gray,3 black, the rest white.Some were
mine, others were my sons, and a few my ex-room-mate's.Mostly they were
mine and I could not believe the stash they had back there!  It is a HUGE
3 piece wall unit, but I had no idea they had swiped them.Now, I expected
maybe a sock or 2 would be there, but 11 mismatched PAIRS?!?!?!

Unfortunately the house we moved into is being worked on, it wasn't quite
ready when we moved in, but hey ya gotta have a roof over your head and I'm
not complaining.The ferts have been forced to remain caged until the little
holes have been mended/patched/whatever and the new carpet laid.I get to
pick them up and play with them individually and give them cuddle time,but
they miss their time out and about, I know.It's only temporary though.

I HAVE however, a large patch of sand in back of the house where the
previous occupant had a pool.A big old 8ft diameter sandpit.I put the top
of a smaller cage down in it,about 3ftl by 1 1/2 ftw by 2 fth embedded a
few inches of the bottom of it and put them in there.OH the digging and
tunneling fun they had in that!  they wore themselves out as I sat and
watched their hilarious antics in the sand.  Sabrina really got into it,
Fidget was a little hesitant but saw 'Brina having a blast and joined
her.Sweet, Shy, Baby was not sure at all and waited a long while before
becoming THE digger of diggers.She buried herself headfirst to her
shoulders trying hard to dig herself all the way in!  The sand is very hard
packed underneath the 3-4 inches of soft sand I had raked up for them so I
had no fear of them tunneling away.I kept pushing the sand to the edges of
the cage and they would dig it into the cage, effectively making the cage
even more firmly embedded in it.I'm so glad we did this so that they could
play and wear themselves out.Afterward they all collapsed in a furry mound
of joy, got picked up, brushed out, and put back in the common cage where
they promptly oozed into their favorite hammock or sleepsack and passed
out.  Happy happy ferts!  Little do they realise today is BATH DAY!  And,
needless to say, nail trimmin' time too!  (all ferrets scream now)
AAAAARRRRGH!

LoL

Kim(AKA Mamadook), Fidget(Aw mom, do we GOTTA have a
BATH???Yuk!),'Brina(ACK!WATER!ACK!MOM MAKE VooDoo STOP!!!) Baby(oh dear,
I'm wet<sigh>) and our guest VooDoo the deaf guy( BATH TIME YEAH! SPLASH
SPLASH SPLASH! dook dook dook! hey guys, why dontcha like bath time?This is
FUN!)