From:
Gabrielle Lastname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:02:22 -0600
In an effort to feed my kids better food, and since nobody seemed eager to
share an order of cryovac'd mice, I ordered some "Archetype" from Wysong,
to use as an addition to their kibble.  This stuff is fabulous on the
label - cold-processed meat, that is kind of dehydrated and comes in chunks
that you can either rehydrate or serve dry.  It is 50% protein!

Anyway, I was all excited last night, and put 2 chunks in a saucer with
warm water & let them rehydrate then broke them up into little pieces.  The
kids were less than impressed.  I mean, they didn't run from the dish, but
judging by their expressions, they clearly thought I was confused and had
given them the wrong food.  When I put the liquid-y part on my finger, they
would lap it dutifully, but refused to lap from the saucer,and didn't seem
to care for the taste much.  They wouldn't even touch the meat itself!
Anybody got any ideas?

I am going to try the canned rabbit & chicken tonight - maybe they will
like that better if I warm it up a little & mix it with chicken baby food.
I figure it's got to be close to their natural diet - it includes both meat
and guts!  You can also get canned beef, venison, and turkey from Wysong,
guts included!

Now I know how my mom must have felt trying to get me to eat vegetables as
a kid....Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Melissa
Mishka Buttons & Brenna