From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:41:40 -0700
we're thinking it may not have been the roach bait he got into..cant find
any signs he did, it was the first thing i thought of.  My dad has been
going to solutia the last week (does fabricating/drafting/work) to get
measurements for a few things, and he has been walking through magnesium
disulfate, and sulpheric acid...which has gotten on his boots.  We looked
at his boots and it appears either bite marks or scratches on the
boots... Dad mentioned that the magnesium has a sweet taste to it.  which
could explain why mikey is having such problems with his mouth as
sulpheric acid burns and causes ulcers...

talked to the vet this morning.  neurologically he is doing excellent...
the only problem now is his mouth...it is really bothering him.  He will
drink water, but not food.  He's a great little guy, I just hope he can
come home tomorrow because i miss him!

From now on, the boots are staying outside, the ferrets only in my
bedroom...no more living room... I just dont see how we looked over the
shoes, I mean they love playing in them and stealing the inserts...just
comes to show you need to be suspicious of everything............

Anyone have any suggestions on what else can be done to remedy the mouth?
or ideas?  He's being given anti-inflammitory medicine along with iv
fluids and tlc at the vets.  I'm praying that this hasn't caused any long
term/permanent damage...please keep him in your prayers

-valerie

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /