From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 19:50:04 -0800
To Troy Lynn:
>Now for Marley.  I hope our experience will help others. The vets don't
>know why Marley got better but I think I do.  Last night when we got home
>Marley had another dark forest green unformed stool so I dissected it and
>found quite a bit of tangled pieces of fur.

    Bravo for you!!!!

    I like it when owners take it on themselves to dissect stools.  Too
many owners won't do it, and foreign bodies get missed far too often.

    I think you are on the right track.  Many ferrets are getting their
winter coats right now, and now is the time of year when we see a lot of
hairballs.  Hairballs don't often show up on radiographs - sometimes with
barium shots you can see something that looks a bit like hair but only
occasionally.

     I would suggest some Laxatone for a week or so, because there is
probably more fur in there working it's way through.....

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP
Dept. of Vet Path, AFIP
[log in to unmask]  OR
Chief Pathologist, AccuPath