From:
carmen stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 02:51:58 -0700
Hi Everybody,

had some pc-trouble this is my 2nd try.

Last weeks over here (in Holland) people (ferret owners) are talking at
several lists about AD with ferrets.  One ferret lately died, the owners
did do some section on it.  In the report it's most likely that the ferret
did had AD but since the other ferrets of the group turned out to be
negative the owners oppion is: it was not AD.

These people came over to my farm & shelter because they wanted a new
baby.

A few day ago I saw (a part) of the report and sent it to my vet.  He was
alarmed, before he thoughed it might be the parvo virus of an other kind
but because of all the statements...

Can anyone tell me how often AD is found at ferrets?  Is the illness the
same as it is with minks?

As I understand this illness is dangerous for skunks (which I have also)
too.

All remarks, opinions, advices are welcome, since these people will
continue visiting animal and ferrets meeting with their ferrets.

Thanks Carmen

=====
Ferret's Friend Forever T.O.P. Shelter
- Farm & Shelter for indoor & outdoor ferrets-
NL - Pb 12, 4024 ZG, Eck en Wiel
Tel/Fax. (+31)0344-692790 of (+31)0627-001165
Site: fff.glow.nl
Club: www.clubs.nl (search: ferrets)