From:
purple cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:19:43 -0500
Hi all,

I'm going to be making a new batch of gravy, hopefully, this weekend.  I
know that the recipe states that the food should be poured into ziploc
sandwich bags and that the excess air should be squeezed out.  Does anyone
know the reason for this?  Would the excess air somehow contaminate the
food or is it to save space?  I've been wondering since having all those
bags scattered about the freezer is a bit frustrating and I thought it
would be nice to be able to use those Gladlock sandwich containers instead
since it's easy to stack them and you can reuse them.  Thanks.

Liz