Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:20:12 -0500
Hi Troy Lynn:

You did everything possible, as did your vet and his staff, to try
to save Simba and return him to health. But he had so many health
problems, and a 'grossly enlarged' right adrenal can certainly cause
havoc on the entire body, and worsen any other illnesses that might be
present. Their little bodies can only endure so much, and Simba fought
long and hard against many ailments.

Hindsight is always easy for us after the fact, especially after a
necropsy. Those of us who know you, KNOW that you did everything
humanly possible for Simba. Please don't make it harder on yourself
with the 'what ifs' or 'maybe it would have been different if I had
done this...' All you, or anyone else, can ever do... is your best.
And you did. Simba knows that, and inside, you know that.

It's hard to accept that he's gone, and will be for a while, because
we want to think that we 'could' have somehow saved them, and 'should'
have somehow saved them. But it just doesn't always work that way. I've
had many that, in 'hindsight', I could have done something different,
and 'maybe' it would have saved them. But maybe it wouldn't have. We
can never know. We are human, and we try our best for them... that's
all we can do. Then we have to mourn when they are gone. But please
don't make your mourning even harder by questioning yourself or what
you did for Simba. You did your best. If only ALL pet owners in the
world did 1/10 of that for their pets, then the world would be a
better place for all of them.

With sincerest sympathy at your loss,
Jeff

In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl, Dozer, Possum,
Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and
Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, and Zoomer