Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 06:13:46 -0900
Update Jan. 1. The ferrets are with one of Michael's daughters, Ashley.
Texas ferret shelters HAFA, SAFE, Staci Sharp, Connie Wood Gaddy and
Texas Ferret Lovers are alerted and ready to help if she needs help.
A phone message has been left for her but the most recent call has
not been returned. We still don't have details regarding his death or
funeral services.

This is a good time to remind people that a few years ago the larger
ferret groups that provide help to the ferret community formed The
Ferret Council to help us all work together to provide the best use of
our resources to the ferrets. The representatives can immediately alert
their members and help is more quickly accessible. It consists of the
following groups and their representatives. If a large scale rescue,
disaster assistance or other help is needed, you can get the best
coordination of services by contacting one of the following (substitute
@ for the AT ):
National Ferret Rescue (NFR): Michael Wilson; blacklab1059 AT yahoo.com
International Ferret Congress (IFC): Brenda Johnson; ferretfarm AT
frontiernet.net
American Ferret Association (AFA): Mary McCarty; marypfra AT yahoo.com
Ferrets Across America(FAA): Nancy Propper; nancyjp2001 AT yahoo.com
Shelter Representative: Barb Clay; ROCKY_rrr AT yahoo.com
Support Our Shelters (SOS): Sharon Bearden; [log in to unmask]
Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.):
Lisa Oestereich; [log in to unmask]
Moderator: Renee Downs; crdowns AT gmail.com

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we