From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:42:29 EDT
I have an informal home based shelter and fostering care for the ferrets.
I have posted previously stories of Sophie , whom I rescued and was found
starving and had been abused-- I also posted stories of Weeds, the real
mischief behavior case..who is deaf and partially blind.

I am requesting help from everyone on the list.  I have not been well and
have just come from surgery.  My 16 year old daughter is also seriously
ill.  I currently have 8 ferrets here, all wonderful beautiful kids.  I
urgently need homes / and or fostering for Riis and Vincent.  I am too
unwell to care for them.  Riis is a young sable male- who has the
beginnings of adrenal.  He is a real dooker and playful/social guy.  I am
assuming since he does have the begginnings of adrenal no one would want
to take him on except as a foster untill I am well again.

- Vincent is only a few months old and in perfect health .  Big.fat,
friendly, playful and social.  He is also quite the looker and very
unusual .  He is all cream colored with dark eyes and a pink nose.  A
beautiful guy.  He is available for adoption to a loving family and would
be a great companion.  He has had his rabies and distemper shots.

I live in N.Y very near Kennedy airport and close to NYC on Long Island.
(Nassau county)..

Please help as soon as anyone can.  I cannot give them the TLC and care
they deserve right now and they are not used to being caged for prolonged
periods.

- Any one can call me directly at 516-371-7850
Please leave a message if no answer..

An on another more commercial note I have written a book of poems and
illustrations called the Weasel Ward.  I can forward a sample page to
anyone who is interested in purchasing the book.  Part proceeds go to a
local ferret advocacy and part to keep the gang going here.  You can write
me if you are interested.  Dell publishing is interested in the book - but
I have had several copies privatly printed and can sell them at a better
price than Dell publishing can to all you ferret fans

- The book is colorful and fun .So write me if interested.

-Again thanks everyone.  Sorry for the caps- just trying to get your
attention-LOL-

Peace,
Christine

[Moderator's note: ALL CAPS will certainly get people's attention -- so
much so that most will immediately skip the post and go to the next one.
Trust me.  I either send back posts made in all caps or fix them if I'm
feeling friendly.  I was friendly today.  Spelling, on the other hand, I
absolutely *never* change.  BIG]