From:
"Janet B. Dill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 09:50:43 EDT
Hi,
I have been reading the FML for about a month and love it.  This is my
first time senting a message.  Yesterday was a big day we added a new
additon to our family.  We bought what the pet store says is about a six
week old male sable.  He joins his sister (Nicky) one we rescued who we
think is about a year or a year and a half.  This is the families first
experience with a baby ferret and so far so good.  I was pretty worried
after reaading some of the stories of new additions.  Nicky has been
great very gently and almost protective, even though at one point when
the baby was very sound asleep it looked as though Nicky was trying to
drag her out of the cage.  We are feeding the baby Iams kitten food
softened with water, the pet store said dry was fine but he is scarfing
the soft stuff.  The baby sleeps a lot and very soundly is this normal.
He has had one very funny and major rolling around session with his new
sister.  We put thier two story cindo in my daughters room last night
because I wanted to be sure if any major ruccus occured she would wake up
and make sure all was well.  The story of when we found our first ferret
is rather amazing and I will share later.  But my children had for years
been begging me to let them get a ferret and I has always refused.  Now
THe whole family are huge converts, my husband says they are the most
under-rated pets he's ever heard of and is very attached to Nicky.  The
children are right now trying to pick out a name.  Fells good to join the
conversation.

The Dills, Norman, Janet, Aaron, Cathy, Rebecca, Scott, and
Grier ( the main one who begged for years for a ferret) and the
babies Nicky and ??????