From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:05:16 -0400
>I have to be honest with you, Barb, I really felt like you had a
>message that you were burning to tell and were bottling up and so
>therefore you pounced on the first message you found that might be
>remotely related to it to send that out. I really feel it was an
>inappropriate way to do it. I felt like it was almost a political
>thing to do. You know ironically, Ardiths post did not support Barbs
>position. What happened with that incident might actually support the
>sanctuary position. Anyway, I feel like my friend was in essence used.

I'd say you hit that one on the head. With all due respect to Barb,
she does take every opportunity to make her feelings in regards to
sanctuaries, or more aptly Zoo's sanctuary, known, and usually at
the expense of others, under the guise of seemingly "well meaning"
seems so determined to repeatedly dredge up. As someone who has seen
the less public comments Barb has made in regards to Cathy and her
sanctuary over the past several years I can assure you politics has
nothing to do with it though. I'm not sure what color eyes Barb was
born with but when it comes to Zoo and her sanctuary Barb's eyes
appear to be a bright emerald green.

Barb, I've been watching you do this for years. It's getting you
nowhere (nowhere good, anyway) and it's getting old. Don't you think
it's time to grow up and let it go?

As for the shelter -vs- sanctuary debate, I, for one, do not understand
why there needs to be any debate. Both provide services for ferrets and
the ferret community alike, albeit in somewhat different ways. I would
think there would be room enough, and need enough, for both.

--

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net