From:
ShariDiane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:58:34 EST
Been there, done that...

Last summer, my 3 yo fem Chipper had what I considered an enlarged and hard
upper waist/tummy (she weighed *more* than she did in the winter!).  Vet
palpitated her and found no enlarged organs or obstruction.  Told us to come
back in 4 weeks for another once over.  Upon return visit, weight was an
ounce different, but my conservative vet felt no reason to do an x-ray, and
concluded it was just additional weight gain and distribution to upper waist
instead of hind quarters like my other ferret, Gina.

Most importantly, always take your pet to the vet if you are concerned about
it's health - I'll pay the $30 office visit any time to ease my mind.

Shari Gunter
Triangle Ferret Lovers club, North Carolina
http://www.trifl.org