From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:59:12 EST
Hi, I'm new to this list so I'll do a short intro (some of you may remember
me from the other FFML).  My name is Debbi, and I have two ferrets, Molly a
chocolate, 2 years old, and Merlin, my new baby, a badger-looking ferret, 4
months old.  (I had CueBall, who died of lymphoma right before Christmas).
So here's my comments: about that commercial, it may have been for
Budweiser--I know the ferret is their spokes"man" this year, there was a
whole article in Modern Ferret about it.  And about the shelter adoption
policies, when Cuey died, I ended up at the pet store because no shelters
would adopt to me because my daughter is 3, this despite the fact that I've
had ferrets and never had a problem--they wouldn't even consider it!  As
for money, I'm currently not even employed and live on a fixed income, but
I don't think that makes me a bad prospect for a ferret owner, as my
daughter and I sacrificed quite a bit at Christmas time so that Cuey could
have the care he needed.  So I really agree that it's not how much you
make, but how you're willing to spend it (and my family thinks I'm totally
looney for how I spend mine!)

Finally, since I brought Merlin home, Molly has been suffering from a
helicobacter infection.  It's been 2 weeks of seedy-looking diarrhea and we
anyone else had helicobacter stories or advice or words of wisdom they'd
like to share!  She really really really hates the Pepto Bismol I have to
force down her throat--what's this "towel" thing I read about???

Thanks!
debbi, Molly Doll, and Merlin the digging, spastic, hyper ferret